Cyber Security: How to avoid OPSEC violations
By Airman Antwain Hanks, 366th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
/ Published December 02, 2019
MOUNTAIN HOME AIR FORCE BASE, Idaho -- Due to the recent increase in electronics being plugged into the non-secure internet protocol router (NIPR) enabled computers we just wanted to remind everyone of a few things to look out for.
- Don't plug phones into NIPR enabled computers.
- Don't open links in emails from unfamiliar senders.
- Don't post sensitive information that might compromise operational security (OPSEC) or personal character on social media.
- Complete the cyber awareness training every year.
- Lastly, look out for yourself and fellow wingmen.
The military mission is to protect the nation and those that serve within it.
Breaches such as these can compromise personal and national security. Don't be the reason the mission fails.