UCI, LCAP: We are ready!
By Col. Ron Buckley, 366th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
/ Published February 08, 2011
MOUNTAIN HOME AIR FORCE BASE, Idaho -- Gunfighters, both the Unit Compliance Inspection and the Logistics Compliance Assessment Program Inspection are upon us and we are ready!
The inspectors start arriving Friday and will in-brief on Sunday. I know we will do well and this will be a positive experience for our wing.
Every Gunfighter, military and civilian, is essential to our efforts to complete a successful inspection. I want to thank all of you for your tireless efforts, hard work and determination as we have prepared for the inspections while continuing to accomplish the mission and prepare for upcoming deployments.
Your professionalism and dedication to excellence are on display each and every day. Let's keep the momentum going and give one final push to pour our best efforts into this next week.
Much like Super Bowl teams review their game plan and fine tune their conditioning before the big game, it's critical for us to review our checklists, practice our presentation and make sure we look our best before the big inspection.
Here are some final tips to help you give a great first impression to the inspection team:
- Dress and Personal Appearance: The inspection is very near, so this is a good time to make sure everyone has fresh haircuts. Weather permitting, everyone should expect to wear blues on Monday unless duties prohibit ... inspectors will notice.
- Practice Your Presentation: Everyone should be familiar with checklist items and rehearse your answers. Be prepared to brief unit functions, Operating and Air Force Instructions, governing directives and your duties and responsibilities to inspectors.
- Clean Up Office Spaces: Every office space should be clean, neat and orderly. Remove, file or place items in storage when they are not being used.
- Be Safe: In accordance with the AFI's, everyone should wear hearing protection when appropriate and reflective belts or vests when and where required.
- Remember Customs and Courtesies: Inspectors start arriving Friday and may be anywhere on base. Customs and courtesies should be commonplace, but go the extra mile and make sure the inspection team knows they are welcomed and appreciated.
- Be Proud: Everyone should approach this inspection with a positive attitude and the same innovative, "Can-Do" spirits the Gunfighters are known for. I know we have worked extremely hard preparing for these inspections. Now it is time to shine and show the inspectors all the great work we do each and every day!
I am extremely proud to be your commander. Let's have a great week and give the inspectors a new appreciation of what the Gunfighters bring to the fight.
It's game time. Go Gunfighters!