HomeNewsArticle Display

MHAFB conducts 100% ID check

Col. Jefferson O’Donnell, 366th Fighter Wing commander, checks the ID of an airman driving through the main gate of Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho, May 5, 2017. 100% ID check is a standard routine here at the base since 2015. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Malissa Armstrong/Released)

Col. Jefferson O’Donnell, 366th Fighter Wing commander, checks the ID of an airman driving through the main gate of Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho, May 5, 2017. 100% ID check is a standard routine here at the base since 2015. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Malissa Armstrong/Released)

MOUNTAIN HOME AIR FORCE BASE, Idaho -- MOUNTAIN HOME AIR FORCE BASE, Idaho – 100% ID checks is a routine all military members here are familiar with.

According to 366th Security Forces, in the year of 2015, 367 individuals were denied access to base while 21 individuals identified with active arrest warrants. 2016 saw 252 denied access and 11 with active arrest warrants. So far, in 2017 alone there’s been 67 individuals denied access to base and 4 identified with active warrants.

“Hopefully it continues forever because it keeps the criminal element off the installation,” said Tech Sgt. Jamal Shaw, 366th Security Forces pass and ID NCO in charge. “However, it is up to each wing commander from now and into the future.”

People can be denied for various reasons and will be notified of possible reasons if denied access to the installation.

“It might inconvenience you to have all your visitors checked before they get access; however, you never know who you are bringing on base,” Shaw said. “It's the reason people feel safe.”

News