MOUNTAIN HOME AIR FORCE BASE, Idaho --
Sabra Dipping Company is recalling certain hummus products due to concerns over Listeria monocytogenes. While the bacteria was not found in the actual product, it was identified at their manufacturing facility.
The Mountain Home AFB Public Health Office confirmed that our installation's commissary carried these products. All affected items have been removed from the shelves. No other base establishments sold these products. To date, there have been no reports indicating that these products have caused any illness.
Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea; Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The UPC is the number that appears under the bar code of products. The UPCs for the affected products sold at the Commissary are:
- Sabra Hummus Classic 10 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011143
- Sabra Hummus Garlic 10 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011242
- Sabra Hummus Supremely Spicy 10 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011440
- Sabra Hummus Red Pepper 10 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011549
- Sabra Hummus Pine Nut 10 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011747
- Sabra Hummus Classic with pretzels 4.56 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011952
- Sabra Hummus Red Pepper with pretzels 4.56 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011969
- Sabra Hummus Garlic with pretzels 4.56 ounce pkg; UPC 040822011990
Customers who purchased one of the listed products should not consume them. Products purchased at the Commissary can be returned for a full refund. For products purchased elsewhere, contact the location of purchase. You may also contact Sabra Dipping Company Consumer hotline at (866) 265-6761, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information regarding this notice, including the complete list of recalled Sabra Hummus product, please contact the 366th Aerospace Medicine Squadron Public Health Flight at (208) 828-7280. A list of all FDA recalls can be found at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/
. Contact your healthcare provider if you are experiencing complications following consumption of this product.