Colonel Scott A. Grover is the Group Commander, 366th Maintenance Group, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho. He is responsible for aircraft maintenance, component maintenance, equipment maintenance and maintenance operation to the 366th Fighter Wing and tenant organizations through a 1,900-person organization. The 366th Maintenance Group also provides quality equipment maintenance and support for the 366th Fighter Wing's three squadrons of F-15E Strike Eagle and F-15SG aircraft. The group annually executes a 158 million dollar budget.
Colonel Grover is a native of Hardin, Montana. He earned his commission in 1994 after graduating from the Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is a career Aircraft Maintenance officer, a three-time squadron commander, has served on the Pacific Air Forces Staff and as an Air Advisor to the Afghanistan Air Force.
1994 Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2000 Squadron Officer School (residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master’s degree in Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
1. August 1994 - November 1994, student, Aircraft Maintenance & Munitions Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. November 1994 - June 1997, Aerospace Ground Equipment Flight Commander, Accessories Flight Commander, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 319th Air Refueling Wing, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
3. June 1997 - September 2000, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB Calif.
4. September 2000 - August 2003, Executive Officer, Logistics Supervisor, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
5. August 2003 - June 2006, Aircraft Maintenance Unit Officer-in-Charge, Maintenance Operations Officer, 27th Fighter Wing, Cannon AFB, N.M.
6. June 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 388th Component Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
7. August 2008 - July 2010 Chief, Maintenance Inspections, H.Q. Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
8. July 2010 - June 2011, Commander, 4th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
9. June 2011 - April 2012, Commander, 4th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
10. April 2012 – 10 June 2016, Deputy Commander, 57th Maintenance Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
(February 2015 - February 2016, Deputy Director, Maintenance and Logistics, 438th Air Expeditionary Wing / Train, Advise, and Assist Command - Air, Kabul, Afghanistan)
11. June 2016 – Present – Group Commander, 366th Maintenance Group, Mountain Home AFB, ID
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with device
Kosovo Campaign Medal with device
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with two devices
NATO Medal with device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major October 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2009
Colonel December 1, 2015
(Current as of June 2016)