Colonel Tony S. Lombardo is the Chief of Staff, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho. He oversees the operations and mission of the Wing’s Air Staff Directorates and the Wing Special Staff. The 366th Fighter Wing’s Air Staff is the Air Force’s first and only Wing Level Air Staff and consists of the following Directorates: Manpower and Civilian Personnel (A1), Intelligence (A2), Operations and Plans (A3/5), Maintenance and Logistics (A4), and Communications, Installation Management and Security (A6/7). The Wing Special Staff includes: Protocol, Community Partnerships, Community Support, Equal Opportunity, Violence Prevention, Sexual Assault Prevention and Response, Legal, Drug Demand Reduction, Chapel, Public Affairs, Safety, Inspector General, Information Protection and the base Historian. The Air Staff Directorates and the Wing Special Staff provide expertise and support to the Wing’s more than 3,500 personnel and 18 squadrons.
Colonel Lombardo has held aircraft maintenance and logistics positions in United States Air Forces in Europe, Air Combat Command, Pacific Air Force, Air Force Material Command, Air Education and Training Command and United States Special Operations Command. He is qualified in three Air Force Specialty Codes to include Aircraft Maintenance, Logistics Readiness, and Regional Affairs Strategist. His primary aircraft maintenance experience is on F-16s, F- 15C, F-15Es, HH 60s, FB-111s, MQ-1 and MQ-9s. His duties have taken him on numerous worldwide deployments in support of NATO, Sec Def, POTUS, and Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, NORTHERN WATCH, NORTHERN GUARDIAN, ODYSSEY DAWN, ENDURING FREEDOM, RESOLUTE SUPPORT, and FREEDOMSENTINEL.
1992 Associate of Arts, Okaloosa Walton Community College
1994 Associate in Applied Science, Aircraft Armament Systems Technology, CCAF
1995 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Eastern New Mexico University (With Honors) 1997 Master of Arts in International Relations, Troy State University (With Honors)
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama 2005 Air Command Staff College, Correspondence
2007 Masters of Arts in Homeland Security/Defense, Naval Post Graduate School, Monterey, Ca (With Honors) 2012 Air War College, Correspondence
2016 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama (With Honors)
1.June 1990 – July 1990, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2.July 1990 – November 1990, Student Aircraft Armament Technician, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3.November 1990 – August 1992, Aircraft Armament Technician, 3246th TW, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4.August 1992 – August 1993, Aircraft Armament Technician, 80th FS, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
5.August 1993 – March 1995, Aircraft Armament Technician, 428th FS, Cannon AFB, N.M.
6.March 1995 – June 1995, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7.June 1995 – September 1995, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8.September 1995 – August 1996, Maintenance Operations Flight Commander, 33rd LSS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9.August 1996 – July 1997, Fabrication Flight Commander, 33rdMXS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. July 1997 – August 1998, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 59th and 60th FS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
11.August 1998 – July 2000, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 27th FS, Langley AFB, Va.
12. July 2000 – September 2001, Combat Readiness Flight Commander, 31st LRS, Aviano Air Base, Italy
13.September 2001 – July 2002, Officer in Charge, Traffic Management Office, 31st LRS, Aviano AB, Italy
14. July 2002 – July 2003, Officer in Charge, 555th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 31st AMXS, Aviano AB, Italy
15. July 2003 – July 2004, Quality Assurance Flight Commander, 31st MXG, Aviano AB, Italy
16. July 2004 – October 2005, Instructor, Maintenance Officer Intermediate Course, 360th TRS, Sheppard AFB, Texas
17.October 2005 – August 2006, Director of Operations, 364th TRS, Sheppard AFB, Texas
18.August 206 – December 2007, IDE, Naval Post Graduate School, Monterey,Calif.
19. January 2008- November 2009, Commander, 48th Component Maintenance Squadron, RAF Lakenheath,U.K.
20.November 2009 – July 2011, Commander, 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, U.K.
21. July 2011 – June 2013, Chief, Logistics Officer Assignment Branch, Randolph AFB, Texas
22. June 2013 – July 2015, Deputy Commander, 366th Maintenance Group, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
22. July 2015 – June 2016, SDE, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
23. June 2016 – June 2017, Deputy Commander, 18th Maintenance Group, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
24. June 2017 – July 2019, Commander, 18th Maintenance Group, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
25. July 2019 – Present, Chief of Staff, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Bronze Star Medal (with one Oak Leaf Cluster)
Meritorious Service Medal (with five Oak Leaf Clusters)
Air Force Commendation Medal (with two Oak Leaf Clusters)
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal Kosovo Campaign Metal Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal Korean Defense Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal NATO Medal
2003, USAFE General Lew Allen, Jr. Trophy (CGO)
2008, USAFE General Thomas P. Gerrity Logistics Award (FGO) 2009, USAFE Lt General Leo Marquez Award (FGO)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant June 22, 1995
First Lieutenant June 22, 1997
Captain June 22, 1999
Major November 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel October 1, 2010
Colonel January 1, 2017
(Current as of August 2019)