Colonel Jeffrey A. Burdette is the Chief of Staff, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho. He oversees the operations and mission of the Wing’s Air Staff Directorates and the Wing Special Staff. The 366th Fighter Wing’s Air Staff is the Air Force’s first and only Wing Level Air Staff and consists of the following Directorates: Manpower and Civilian Personnel (A1), Intelligence (A2), Operations and Plans (A3/5), Maintenance and Logistics (A4), and Communications, Installation Management and Security (A6/7). The Wing Special Staff includes: Protocol, Community Partnerships, Community Support, Equal Opportunity, Violence Prevention, Sexual Assault Prevention and Response, Legal, Drug Demand Reduction, Chapel, Public Affairs, Safety, Inspector General, Information Protection and the base Historian. The Air Staff Directorates and the Wing Special Staff provide expertise and support to the Wing’s more than 3,500 personnel and 18 squadrons.
Col Burdette enlisted in the Air Force in 1988 and served as an aircraft armament systems specialist during assignments at Moody AFB, Kunsan Air Base, and Air National Guard units in Florida, Indiana and Washington D.C. He received his commission in December 1998 from the Reserve Officer Training Corps’ Detachment 157, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla. He is an Aircraft Maintenance Officer with experience in Air Mobility, Fighter and Special Operations aircraft, Acquisition Logistics and Foreign Military Sales. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Chief of the Test System Sustainment Division, Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, Tenn.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, ERAU, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1999 Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officers Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2004 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Master’s of Aeronautical Science, Aircraft Maintenance Management, ERAU, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2015 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. May 1999 – December 2001, Flight Commander and TALCE Operations Officer, 821st Air Mobility Squadron, McGuire Air Force Base, N.J.
2. January 2002 – October 2004, Officer in Charge, Quality Assurance, 27th Maintenance Group and Officer in Charge, 524th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 27th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
3. October 2004 – September 2005, Acquisition Logistics Officer, F-16 Systems Group, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. October 2005 – December 2006, Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Force Security Assistance Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. December 2006 – May 2008, Flight Commander, Air Force Security Assistance Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. May 2008 – May 2009, Aircraft Maintenance Advisor to the Royal Saudi Air Force, United States Military Training Mission, King Faisal Air Base, Tabuk, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
7. May 2009 – May 2010, Maintenance Operations Officer, 1st Special Operations Aircraft Maintenance Squadron and Maintenance Operations Officer, 1st Special Operations Component Maintenance, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. May 2010 – May 2012, Commander, 1st Special Operations Component Maintenance Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
9. May 2012 – July 2014, Commander, 19th Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
10. July 2014 – July 2019, Action Officer and Deputy Chief, Aircraft Maintenance Division, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
11. July 2019 – Aug 2020, Chief, Test System Sustainment Division, Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
12. Aug 2020 – Present, Chief of Staff, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Excellence in Competition Badge – Non-National Bronze, Pistol
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant December 28, 1998
First Lieutenant December 28, 2000
Captain December 28, 2002
Major July1, 2008
Leiutenent Colonel November 1, 2013
Colonel December 1, 2019
(Current as of August 2020)