Chief Master Sergeant Wendell J. Snider is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 366th Fighter Wing at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho. Chief Snider provides enlisted leadership to a wing comprised of more than 4,300 military and civilian members serving in 16 squadrons, and A- Staff functions supporting the F-15E Strike Eagle mission. It hosts the 726th Air Control Squadron – one of only three active-duty Air Force control reporting centers in the U.S. – and the Idaho Air National Guard 266th Range Squadron. The wing operates, maintains and develops the Mountain Home Range Complex comprised of 9,016 square miles of associated airspace and 122,000 acres of land space used for two air-to-ground training ranges, five no-drop target complexes and 30 multi-size electronic combat sites. The command also includes the 390th Electronic Combat Squadron, which flies U.S. Navy EA-18G Growlers at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Washington. Chief Snider is charged to develop combat ready Airmen, take care of Gunfighters, and protect and enhance our resources. He is also responsible to the commander on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale, and proper utilization and professional development of the wing's Airmen and support to their families. He is the functional manager for 14 First Sergeants, ensuring proper training and utilization in leading the Gunfighter Team.
Chief Snider grew up in our nation’s capital, Washington D.C. In 1995, he joined the United States Marine Corps. Attached to the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, he supported Operation JOINT ENDEAVOR and Operation ALLIED FORCE. After serving honorably within the Marine Corps, Chief Snider departed the organization in 1999. He entered the Air Force in 2000. Upon entering, he completed the Structural Apprentice Course at the Naval Construction Training Center located in Gulfport, Mississippi. His first Air Force assignment was to Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina.
Chief Snider has been stationed and deployed to numerous bases across the globe. He has experience in maintaining installations, infrastructure, and facilities in both the United States and overseas. Specifically, he has oversaw military family housing maintenance, unaccompanied housing operations, base construction project prioritization, and technical training school operations. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Commandant, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Sheppard AFB, TX.
2001 Structural Apprentice Course, Naval Construction Training Center, MS
2002 Airman Leadership School, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
2003 Associates of Applied Science in Construction Technology, CCAF, AL
2005 Basic Instructor Course, Best Presenter Award, Keesler AFB, MS
2006 Instructional Systems Development Course, Keesler AFB, MS
2006 Associates of Applied Science in Instructor of Technology and Military Science, CCAF, AL
2009 Master Instructor Certificate & CCAF Occupational Instructor Certification
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, MS
2009 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Distance Learning, Air University, AL
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I Course, Joint Forces Staff College, VA 2011 Bachelor of Science in Religion, Magna Cum Laude, Liberty University, VA
2011 CCAF Professional Manager Certification
2012 AFIT Civil Engineer Superintendents Course, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
2012 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL
2015 Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling, Liberty University, VA
2017 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Andrews AFB, MD
2018 Continuous Process Improvement Executives Course, Institute for Defense Business, VA
1. April 2001 – September 2001, Structural Apprentice, 43 CES, Pope AFB, N.C.
2. September 2001 – October 2004, Structural Journeyman, 4 CES, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
3. 2002 Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, 376 ECES, Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan
4. 2003 Operations ENDURING/IRAQI FREEDOM, 379 ECES, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
5. October 2004 – Feb 2011 Instructor Supervisor, 366TRS Detachment 6, NCTC Gulfport, Miss.
6. 2008 Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Gardez Provincial Reconstruction Team, Afghanistan
7. March 2011 – August 2011, Structures Section Chief, Squadron 18 CES, Kadena AB, Japan
8. August 2011 – August 2012, Squadron Superintendent, 718 CES, Kadena AB, Japan
9. November 2012 – July 2013, Heavy Repair Superintendent, 18 CES, Kadena AB, Japan
10. 2013 Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, NCOIC RSC-West Engineer Cell, Herat, Afghanistan
11. November 2013 – June 2014, Section Chief Requirements/Optimization, 18 CES, Kadena AB, Japan
12. June 2014 – February 2015, Operations Flight Superintendent, 18 CES, Kadena AB, Japan
13. March 2015 – July 2016, Operations Flight Chief, 90 CES, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
14. July 2016 – December 2016, Interim Superintendent, 90 MSG, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
15. December 2016 – June 2018,Commandant, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Sheppard AFB, Texas
16. June 2018 – Present, Command Chief, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with one bronze star
Air Force Combat Action Medal
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Structural Apprentice Course, Naval Construction Training Center
2002 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School, Seymour Johnson AFB
2009 Major General Eugene A. Lupia Award (Civil Engineer Superior Job Performance), AETC
2011 SNCO of the Year, 718th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kadena AB
2012 Lance P. Sijan USAF Leadership Award, 18th Wing, Kadena AB
2014 SNCO of the Year, 18th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kadena AB
2014 SNCO of the Year, 18th Civil Engineer Group, Kadena AB
2015 Larry R. Daniels Award (Civil Engineer Military Superintendent of the Year), AFGSC
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 August 2016
(Current as of July 2018)